When it comes to moving, asking questions is extremely important. Becoming familiar with a moving company will allow you trust and feel more comfortable with the services you are being offered. This article is for you to become familiar with our professional moving company.
How long have your company been in the relocation industry?
AMJ Campbell has been in the moving and storage business continually since 1934. Today we do over 700,000 household and over 10,000 office moves annually across Canada.
Have long has your company been in the relocation industry?
- AMJ Campbell is a proud member of CAM (Canadian Association of Movers)
- We hold 3 seats on Atlas Van Lines Canada Board of Directors
- We have over 40 locations nationwide
- We are the official mover of Canada’s Olympic Teams, recommended mover of the CAA, we conduct moves for many government agencies, plus several high profile Fortune 500 companies
- We have over 2,500 employees and more than 1,000 AMJ Campbell trucks
Can you provide references?
The best way to see our references is on our website (www.amj-movers-kingston.com) under contact us, testimonials. We have very many happy customers, what you’ll see are some of the best recent testimonials we’ve received.
What licensing and insurance do you have and can you provide documentation?
AMJ Campbell is fully licensed with Transport Canada and carries $1 million of liability umbrella coverage per occurrence.
What type of estimates do you require?
We offer “Flat Rate” or “Hourly Rates”.
We will never hold your belongings hostage due to charges we added at the last minute. A repeatable moving company will and must come to your home to do a in-home-survey - do not accept an over the phone estimate.
How do you charge for moves?
- Long distance moves (over 150 KM’s) are calculated using the weight of your belongings and the distance traveling
- Local moves are calculated by the by the number of men and trucks multiplied by the number of hours it’s going to take to complete the move
How will you protect my home?
Our crew is specially trained to ensure we look after your belongings like they are our own. Floor, doorjamb, walls, banister protection are some of the methods we use to protect your home.
How will you protect my belongings?
Our packing methods are superior to the majority of our competitors. Our packing crews are highly trained, experienced professionals. Crating, dishpacks, shrink-wrapping, quilted moving pads re some of the methods we use to protect your belongings.
Do you have workers compensation insurance?
Absolutely, beware of any moving company who does not.
What is your claims process?
If anything were to happen we would work with you to ensure you are fully compensated to the degree of your coverage an your liability. If your move is a long distance move then Atlas Van Lines would handle your claim but AMJ Campbell would be involved. AMJ Campbell’s claim ratio rating is the lowest in the industry.
When will my shipment arrive?
This depends on many factors including:
- Time of year
- Size of shipment
We will provide you with a delivery window based on the Time Transit Guide, your needs and the above factors. We will keep you informed of the exact date as it draws closer, and you will be contacted 24 hours prior to the delivery date. AMJ Campbell also has expedited service to all locations across Canada.
About AMJ Campbell
- We are the only moving company in Canada that does complete background checks of our employees and crews, including regular drug testing. You and we have to know who is in your home.
- We have over 1 million sq. ft. of warehouse space across Canada.
- We are part of the vast Atlas World Group network and are able to reach virtually every country in the world.
- We win multiple annual quality awards from Atlas and other organizations including Consumer’s Choice Awards.
This Article is also featured in the Kingston Home & Lifestyle Magazine June 2015.